NEWBIES TO CORNHOLE (10+ SITES YOU SHOULD KNOW) Jun 23, 2011 11:06:22 GMT -6
Post by Steve King (Admin) on Jun 23, 2011 11:06:22 GMT -6
If you are a newbie to the game of Cornhole and are wondering what's hot to know and what's not, then there are a few websites that you should know of and I will list them here in no particular order.
Before I do so, I want to make sure you have the minimum to start playing. All Cornhole player newbies should have 2 regulation sized boards (2'x4'), 8 bags of 2 colors (resin or corn filled) and a scoring device (ie. like seen at www.CornholeScoreboard.com or . You should also have a good understanding of the official rules. The most overlooked rules are: 1) The boards need to be spaced 27' apart front to front, 2) The tossing of the bags are alternated with your opponent until they are all tossed (unlike in washers), 3) You CAN'T step pass the front of the board when tossing, 4) you play to 21, but don't have to hit it exactly. The first one to 21 wins and 5) you use cancellation scoring. That means you add all of the points up for opponent/team A and all of the points up for opponent/team B and subtract the two and that who scores the points accrued. The hole is 3 pts. and on the board is 1 pt.
Now, here are the sites:
1) www.Cornholer.com - A site for extraordinary pictures of Cornhole players.
2) www.CornholeGamePlayers.com/forum - An excellent forum for the sport of Cornhole ( yes, I said sport ;D ). Also check out their gallery of boards.
3) www.tossinggames.com/board/10 - Since you are already here, I need not say more, however, an extension for another great Cornhole forum plus lots of free .
4) Cornhole Boards Slickness Test and Scale - Click Here
5) www.PlayCornhole.org - The official ACA site which has the standardized rules for Cornhole which can be found here.
6) When it comes to buying Cornhole products on the web, there are A LOT of retailers, and I mean A LOT! However, to list just the top 3 based on sales and traffic volume on the web:
All 3 of the above are about equal in traffic and listed in order of sales volume. My site www.STLCornhole.com doesn't hold a candle to the volumes these sites do.
7) Specialty Cornhole products are items like add-ons for the game. I will list a few here:
- www.HoleLights.com - To light up your hole.
- www.CornholeScoreboards.com - To keep score and hold drinks.
- www.CornholeScorekeepers.com - To keep score without lugging around a scoreboard.
- www.CornholeCarryCases.com and www.CornholeStorageBag.com and www.CornholeCases.com - To protect and carry your boards.
- www.ResinBags.com - For those who want a premium, waterproof fill for their bags.
8) www.AmericanCornhole.org - An organization that is trying to bring Cornhole to the forefront as a true sport.
9) www.CornholePlayersAssociation.com - The Cornhole Players Association